[Ceilidhsoc] Christmas Ceilidh!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 15:06:49 GMT 2004

ello,

This is you're early warning email that it's nearly Christmas.... and that
means the infamous Ceilidhsoc Christmas Ceilidh is almost upon us so clear
your diaries... it'll be busy so get there early, details below:

Christmas Ceilidh
-8:30 - late
-Fri 10th December (tomorrow!)
-At Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind's Hall.

This year's Christmas Ceilidh will feature the irrepresible Glory Strokes
described by Alan Howe as "an interesting experiment...." you should
prepare to be dazzled by the stunning music, to have the inability to
leave the dancefloor, and to be in awe of the haircuts. Ladies and
gentlemen, this fusion of parts of hekety, trinculo and PITB will blow
your mind (and possibly your eardrums) and make your dancing shorts
explode! Accomponied by expert caller Gordon Potts.
Expect it to be Loud. In contrast, we'll be entertained by some medeival
singing during the break from Trobairitz.

Other dates for your diary:

-IVFDF
The fantastic Inter Varsity Folk Dance Festival is approaching
again - Feburary 26-28!  The festival this year is at UEA, Norwich.  A
weekend packed with ceilidhs, workshops, displays, concerts, and
apparently a 12 hour ceilidh marathon... (I don't think you have to go for
the whole 12 hours though...)  All the details are at
http://www.ivfdf2005.org/.  There will be some flyers at the next ceilidh.
 As usual, ceilidhsoc will be taking a coach (the journey itself can be
quite something, with singing, sessions, even a bit of dancing...)

We will be taking names for the coach at the ceilidh tomorrow; you don't
have to pay straight away but the coach ticket prices will be:

£8 Student/unwaged
£14 Waged

-Leeds ceilidh:
This is tonight (apologies for the short notice)

Venue: North West Liberal Club, Woodhouse, Leeds