[Ceilidhsoc] Ceilidh next Friday!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 19:17:25 BST 2005

Hello folks!

Allow myself to introduce...erm, myself...

I'm Richie Cunningham and this is my wife, Oprah!

Not really, but close! I'm Gideon, your new secretary of Ceilidhsoc, and
it is high time we had another ceilidh! The details of our next event are
as follows:

*WHEN: Friday 15th April, 8.30pm until late
*WHERE: Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind Institute, Mappin Street,
off West Street (for directions, please see
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/map.html)
*WHO: Scratch band made up of fantastically talented members of
CeilidhSoc. John Brown is calling.
HOW MUCH: £2 for members before 9pm
£3 after 9pm (or £2.50 with a flyer)
£4 for non-members (or £3 to join and get into the ceilidh for free!)

Before the ceilidh, there will be a calling workshop with our very own
Sheriff John Brown, starting at 7.30pm. This is a chance to learn some of
the skills of calling, and find out more about the sterling job that
callers do in marshalling us rowdy dancers!

Also, a reminder that there is a regular session at the Red House pub from
9pm ish onwards every Tuesday. This is a relaxed opportunity to either
learn some new tunes, or just to kick back and enjoy some music and drinks
and chat. All are more than welcome.

Look forward to seeing you all at Friday's ceilidh.

All best,

G xx