[Ceilidhsoc] Oh, I wish it could be Christmas every day...

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 16:43:46 GMT 2005

...when Boggarts start workshopping, and Derwenna start to play...lalalaaa...

Hehe, sorry all, couldn't resist it.

That's right, it is time for the Ceilidhsoc Christmas ceilidh!!

This Friday, those Christmas elves Derwenna descend on the Sheffield Royal
Society for the Blind Hall, Mappin Street for a festive fix of ceilidh
fun! They are accompanied, by special request, by one of the leading fairy
lights of the ceilidh scence, Saint Gordon Potts himself.

This is an event not to be missed. You will have to have a very very
special excuse not to be there, plus a note from your mum. Truly folks,
this is going to be a mighty send off for the Christmas and New Year
period, and your lst chance to ceilidh with us until we reconvene in
February.

The ceilidh will be from 8.30-late, and if you are not sure where we will
be, be sure to check out http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/map.html for the full
S.P..

Not only will you be spun around by the lovely Derwenna lot, but you can
try your hand at some Border Morris before the ceilidh starts. Come and
learn how to hit each other with big sticks while screaming and running
around in circles. It's traditional, so that means you won't get into
trouble or arrested or anything! Boggart's Breakfast will be teaching the
art of morris with attitude before the ceilidh.

You will have seen these guys performing at the display spot last week, so
if you caught the Boggarts bug then, why not come along and check out how
things work then. The workshop is completely free, and runs from 7.30
onwards on Friday, at the same venue.

Phew! More than enough to beat the turkey stuffin' blues. Be sure to drop
into the last CSoc session of 2005, at the Red Deer this Wednesday, for
tunes and to catch up on the latest gossip. 8pm is for the beginners
workshop, and 9pm for the session. The session is free, but we would
welcome any contributions toward the room hire.

Well, that about sums up what is going on this week, so if you have any
Qs, just hit reply.

See you all soon, my Christmas love,

Gideon The Red Nosed Reindeer xxx