[Ceilidhsoc] Ceilidh next Friday, plus more!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Fri May 13 12:40:49 BST 2005

Hello one and all, including the multitude of members (ooh, nice
alliteration there!) that joined the last ceilidh. Trusting everyone is
well.

Some exciting events coming up, so here is the full S.P.:

Next week, we have our penultimate ceilidh of the year, at the Blind
Institute.

It's on Friday, May 20th, starting at 8.30pm. It will feature a great
scratch band, made up of some of Ceilidhsoc's multi-talented musicians,
with calling from the lovely Jenny Langridge.

If you're not sure where the Blind Institute is, check out
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/map.html . Prices are, as ever, £2.00 for
members before 9pm, £3.00 members after 9pm (or 50p off with a flyer), and
£4.00 for non-members. However, you can register to be a member for £3.00
when you arrive and you then get your first ceilidh (that one!) free, and
you also get lots of lovely emails from me to tell you when the next
ceilidhs are. Bargain!

So hope to see you there...But that's not all...:P

My very own life-guru, Commandant Owain Lewis, wants me to tell you all
about this event as well. And who am I to deny him?!:

WHAT: Contra-Ceilidh.
WHAT?? Contra combines the familiar figures of ceilidh in smooth, flowing
sequences with the improvisational element of Swing to produce an
energetic, fun, social dance form that's easy to learn. A simple and fun
combination of Contra and Ceilidh dances, no experience required.
When: Friday 3rd June
WHERE: Blind Institute
BAND: Vertical Expression (Excellent new local band
featuring Ceilidhsoc's own Ian and Charley)
CALLER: John Brown
WHEN: 8 til late

-Cheap real ale bar
-Price: £5 / £3 concessions (including students!)
-Special guest artists including
	-Boggarts Breakfast morris
	-Chris and Sue.

All in aid of this years festival:
http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/

Ooh, I say! Contra? Ceilidh? Contra *and* ceilidh??!! Well, I never.
People, be there, it's gonna be a hot one...

That's about all for now, please don't forget the sessions, every Tuesday
night, about 9ish, Red House, Solly Street. Your Ceilidhsoc needs you!!

That's it, that's all, good night.

Gideon xxx