[Ceilidhsoc] Reminder!!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Thu May 19 19:00:23 BST 2005

Good evening everyone,

Trusting you're all well. Well, as my man Jim Ross used to say: 'We're
racin' at a level now...'. Things are moving worryingly quickly toward the
end of the university term, but there is just time to remind you about the
upcoming events.

Firstly there is the Ceilidhsoc ceilidh tomorrow at the Blind Institute.

It is from 8.30 onwards, at the Blind Institute on Mappin Street, and
features a Ceilidhsoc scratchband with calling from Jenny Langridge.
Prices are normal Ceilidhsoc prices, for more info on what we do, please
cock a snoop at www.ceilidhsoc.org .

Look forward to seeing you all on Friday.

Then, come June 3rd (my deadline! haha!), there is the Sheffield Folk
Festival-fundraising contra-ceilidh:

The info is as follows:

WHAT: Contra-Ceilidh.
WHAT?? Contra combines the familiar figures of ceilidh
in smooth, flowing sequences with the improvisational
element of Swing to produce an energetic, fun, social
dance form that's easy to learn. A simple and fun
combination of Contra and Ceilidh dances, no
experience required.
When: Friday 3rd June
WHERE: Blind Institute
BAND: Vertical Expression (Excellent new local band
featuring Ceilidhsoc's own Ian and Charley)
CALLER: John Brown
WHEN: 8 til late

-Cheap real ale bar
-Price: £5 / £3 concessions (including students!)
-Special guest artists including
	-Boggarts Breakfast morris
	-Chris and Sue.

All in aid of this years festival:
http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/

Go on, come along. Make Owain happy. And yourself, of course!

That's all for now, essays await! See you all Friday.

Take care,

G xxx