[Ceilidhsoc] And now the end is near....but wait its not over yet

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 20:51:15 BST 2006

Yes folks, it's ceilidh time again!

We have two, yes two final opportunities for you, but first a thankyou -
to our music officer from last year, and this Alley, Cait and  Lucy who
have run our sessions thus far.  They are over for this year now but will
be starting again next year.  So no session this Wednesday.

On Saturday we're having a picnic from 1 o'clock in Weston Park, we plan
to be somewhere near the band stand just look for a slightly mad group of
people, probably carrying instrument cases and it'll probably be us.
We'll be there until we get bored and if it gets wet we plan to decamp to
the Fox & Duck.

But before that we have our end of year ceilidh!  From 8:30pm till late on
Friday at the Blind Institute the most metal Ceilidh band around, Glory
Strokes, will be playing guided by the only caller man enough to control
the band Gordon Potts.  This is most definately not an event to be missed,
specially since there wont be another one till next year!

Glory Strokes are a fantastic band who have, well barged onto the scene
fairly recently, although the members themselves are well known, and they
are already dominating their niche.  If you'd like a preview visit their
homepage at http://myspace.com/glorystrokes if you dare.  They'd also like
to invite you dress the part for this ceilidh so dig out those rock
clothes!

Over the summer those of us remaining in Sheffield will be frequenting the
numerous other sessions around Sheffield, and a number of festivals.
Indeed a number of bands and other performers from Sheffield will be
performing at major festivals so good luck to them.  If you'd like to find
out which sessions we're likely to be at just drop me a line at
ceilidh.soc at sheffield.ac.uk and I'll try and help.

Rock On!

Bob