[Ceilidhsoc] Next Ceilidhsoc ceilidh

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Sat Mar 11 14:42:39 GMT 2006

Hello my darlings!

Hope you are all good and fighting fit this March weekend. Weather's a bit
drab, no? Ah well, no matter, 'cos next weekend, we've got a hot ticket
for you all! Read on...

Next Friday, March 17th, we have a Ceilidhsoc ceilidh, featuring some of
our very own Ceilidhsoc musicians, and ace caller and personal friend of
mine, Jenny 'It's a mighty Langridge to travel'.

Normal ceilidh rules apply, come along, have a drink if you will, and have
a dance to some fantastic live music. You don't need to pacifically bring
a partner, and you don't need any experience, as the dances are devilishly
easy and are always called beforehand. So, if you've not ceilidhed before,
or if you are an old hand, come down and shake your tail feather.

Plus, the ceilidh will be preceded by a workshop by Jenny highlighting the
basics behind calling. Calling is an integral part of the whole ceilidhing
experience, so if you would like to find out more, pop along to the venue
(details below), at 7.30pm.

Ceilidhsoc ceilidhs are £2.00 for members before 9pm, £3.00 members after
9pm (or 50p off with a flyer). Any non-members can register to be a member
for £3.00 when then arrive and you then get the first ceilidh (this one!)
free, and you also get lots of lovely emails from us to tell you when the
next ceilidhs are. The ceilidh starts at 8.30pm, going on til late...

By now you will be wondering just where all this fun will take
place...easy! Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind Hall, Mappin Street,
Sheffield centre. Follow the directions on
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/map.html.

That's enough for now, don't forget about the session every Wednesday at
8pm at the Red Deer, and I'll see you on a dancefloor somewhere soon.

Big kisses,

G xxx