[Ceilidhsoc] Ceilidhsoc AGM

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Sun Mar 26 09:13:15 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well.

The Ceilidhsoc AGM is coming up on Wednesday, March 29th, at 7pm, in the
Pennines Meeting Room, upstairs in the Students Union.

This meeting will be chance to hang out, chat it up with your mates, ENJOY
FREE WINE, SOFT DRINKS AND CHOCOLATES, and listen to me droning on about
what we've been up to this year. It is also, however, a chance to have
your say about the future of Ceilidhsoc, and acts as a forum for all
members to voice their views on how things have run this year, and how
things might run next year.

The agenda of the meeting will be as follows:

* The President will open, and welcome everyone attending. The President
(me), will then give his (erm, mine..."mine"???) report, which will
comprise an overview of the previous year's activities, successes and
failures

*The Treasurer (the lovely Sarah Clarke) will then give her financial
summary.

*Other committee members' comments

*Open space : for comments, questions and queries from society members.
This is *your* opportunity to make it plain how you feel about Ceilidhsoc.

The most important part then follows:

Committee Elections

We have openings for the following roles:

President

The President is the person who is in overall charge of the committe,
chairs meetings, and takes advice from the other committee members.

Vice-President

The VP helps out the President with organisational matters, and is in
charge of special projects, such as the Christmas meal, and IVFDF.

Secretary

This person is Main administrator who keeps the committee informed and
sends emails to the society (how I will miss doing that!!!:))

Publicity Officer

Responsible for ensuring the world knows what Ceilidhsoc is doing.

Music Officer (Officer*s*?:))

Scratch bands, paid gigs, callers, you know the rest...

Equipment Officer

Looks after the equipment that Ceildhsoc uses.

Front of House Manager

Runs the actual ceilidhs on the night, and acts as liason with the ceilidh
venue.

Detailed versions of the above descriptions will be available to view on
the night.

For each post, those people who wish to be nominated should give a brief
speech as to why they think they should be given the role. And then we
will vote!

So if you are interested in any of these, please come on down. The meeting
will start at 7PM SHARP, and won't go on any later than 8. We can all go
down the session after that.

It would be lovely to see you all, so please head down there.

Thanks all,

G xxx