[Ceilidhsoc] Already? Surely not?

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Wed May 3 11:14:04 BST 2006

Hi,

I hope those of you who came and danced at Croft House enjoyed yourselves.
 Due to a fantastic concert being organised by Sheffield Folk Festival on
May 12th, our next ceilidh is THIS friday.  We're back at the Blind
Institute, possibly for the last time with another fantastic scratch band
pulled from our fine pool of resident musicians.  This ceilidh is also
special because the new committee are fully in charge now!

Gideon continues as president -long may he reign!
James is vice president -The multi-tool of the officers
Sarah continues as treasurer -In charge of paying those who need paying
Bob (that's me!) is secretary -Also seen onstage as a caller sometimes
Cait & Lucy are Music officers -Shepherd the bands together and run sessions
Pete, equipment officer - Gets the PA from A to B (impressive with his car)
Alley, House Manager - In charge of open & closing the venue, and tickets
Ben, website - One of the few people who knows how it works!

Feel free to come and have a word if you need to know anything, just ask
at the desk for someone to point us out.

If you fancy having a bash at some of the tunes that you've danced to and
you have even only a passing aquaintance with an instrument don't forget
our begginners sessiom runs fron 8pm - 9pm on a wednesday night at the Red
Deer (next to the Blind Institute) Our main session runs from 9pm till
late, and even if you don't play an instrument you're welcome to come
along and soak up the atmosphere and chat.

See you this Friday,
Bob