[Ceilidhsoc] Spiers & Boden and Crucible - this Friday!!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Wed May 10 23:36:54 BST 2006

Good evening my darlings!

I am still here - I sure hope you are!!

And I sure hope you can make it over to the Montgomery Theatre, Surrey
Street, Sheffield Central this coming Friday, May 12th, to see two of
English traditional music's very finest bands, in a fundraising concert
for October's Sheffield Folk Festival.

Crucible, Sheffield's finest four piece a-pickin' and a-fiddlin' and
a-boxin' and a-singin' bands and personal friends of mine, will be
performing as will multi-Radio 2 award winning John Spiers and Jon Boden.
This is the first time John and Jon have played in Sheffield in a long
while, and they are sure to tear it up.

Tip-off is at 8, get there early. Tickets will be 12 pounds/10 pounds on
the door, but can be bought in advance from Jack's Records, on Division
Street, and are 10 and 8. Jack's are at 0114 276 7093.

More information can be gleaned from lovely Alison Clarke, at 0114 225
9707, or from info at sheffieldfolkfestival.org

I hope to see you all there, it's going to be, as I love to say, a doozy.

See you all soon,

Gideon  xx