[Ceilidhsoc] Interested in being on next year's ceilidhsoc committee?

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 14:54:53 BST 2008

Hello everyone,

Its coming up to that time of year again when ceilidhsoc gets a new
committee. Our Annual General Meeting is on Monday 21st April and gives
anyone (and everyone) the chance to nominate themselves for a committee
role. Sounds scary but it’s a pretty laid back affair at the University
Arms, so if you are interested in a position then please don’t hold back!

Here’s a quick summary of the available positions:

President: Coordinator and generally in charge of everything.

Secretary: Main administrator who updates the mailing lists, keeps the
committee informed and sends emails to the members.

Treasurer: Keeper of the Ceilidhsoc funds and tracks all receipts and
expenditure.

Music Officer: In charge of all things musical - running the beginner’s
workshops and sessions, plus organising the bands for the ceilidhs.

Publicity: Responsible for ensuring the world knows what Ceilidhsoc is
doing; leaflets, posters, facebook group etc etc.

House Manager: Runs the ceilidhs on the actual night. In charge of the
venue and the general goings-on.

Equipment Officer: Looks after the equipment.

Vice President: Deals with special projects and deputises when the
President is unavailable.

All positions will receive full guidance from current committee members. If
you’ve got any questions please don’t hesitate to email me!

I’ve had a great year being on ceilidhsoc committee, its been fun getting
more involved in both the society and the union in general - so if you are
interested, get involved!

Lucy

--
Sheffield Ceilidhsoc