[Ceilidhsoc] Intro Week Ceilidh and Activities Fair

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 12:45:24 BST 2008

Hey all,

It's the start of term, and that means that the ceilidhs have returned!

Saturday 27th:
This weekend we have the first ceilidh of the year! It's 8.30-12 at
Loxley's (University House level 4), £3 entry. We hope to see lots of old
and new faces alike, let's make the freshers feel welcome! Give It A Go
tickets are available from the Union Box Office.

Tonight (24th):
Music workshop at the University Arms as usual, 8-9, with session
afterwards for anyone who fancies playing some tunes.

Thursday 25th:
The Activities Fair
We will have a stall and will hopefully encourage some new students to join
up and be introduced to the joys of folk! We will be there from 10-3, so if
anyone wants to come and help us spread the word, they are more than
welcome!

Thursday 25th (later):
Ceilidh Workshop. 5.30-7pm University Arms. £1 (Give It A Go)
This is a new event to help people learn the dancing techniques and moves
so that they can get some practice in before the ceilidh itself. So no
excuse if you think you can't dance, we'll teach you all the moves! Tickets
are available from the Union Box Office.

Hopefully see you all this week!

Emily

--
Sheffield Ceilidhsoc