[Ceilidhsoc] Committee nominations!! 2010/2011 year.

Kat Hurdley katherine.hurdley at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 9 19:32:40 BST 2010

Hey Guys,

Hope you've all had a fab Easter break!  Now for business...We're having our
AGM on Wednesday 14th April, at 6pm in the University Arms.
There will be cake as an incentive to get people to come along ;)

We are about to elect our new committee, so whether you want to stand for a
committee position, or want a say in who's in charge (or just want the cake)
it's important that people show up and have their say in things!

So what's in it for you?

Being on the Ceilidhsoc committee gets you free entry to ceilidhs, and a
free tshirt!  It also looks really good on your CV.  It gives you a chance
to get involved, make changes, and learn new skills like how to work the
sound desk, or set up PA.

The positions are as follows:

El Presidente - You would be in charge of chairing committee meetings,
finalising important decisions and basically making sure everyone else is
doing their job.

Vice President - Usually takes key role in organising non-ceilidh events,
such as the IVFDF coach and Christmas meal.

Secretary - My job!  Hassling people about upcoming events, as well as
answering any enquiries we get from other societies and members.  Also in
charge of adding new members to the mailing list.

House Manager - In charge of organising people to be on the door at
ceilidhs, as well as making sure we have venues booked for the year.

Equipment Officer - Responsible for making sure all the equipment is up to
date and in the right place!

Publicity - Makes pretty things!  You would be responsible for making all
the lovely posters you see dotted about the place, as well as making
membership cards and flyers.

Website Officer - Adds ceilidhs to the website, puts on photos of new
committee and who they are.  Basically keeps it up to date!

So if any of these sound like something you'd be interested in, just send me
a reply with your name, email address, and what position you'd like to
nominate yourself for!  You can just turn up on the day and nominate
yourself, but it would be good for us to have an idea of candidates before
the meeting!

Kat