[Ceilidhsoc] Welcome back to Ceilidhsoc!

Kat Hurdley katherine.hurdley at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:05:40 BST 2010

Hello Ceilidhsoc!

Hope you’re all looking forward to another year of dancing and merriment!  Here
are some start-of-year notices for you all.  Your committee has been busy
over

 the summer, working to try and enhance your ceilidh-ing experience…

*Upcoming Events!!*

* *

We’re promoting ceilidhsoc, particularly among new students, so we’d really
appreciate some help with our upcoming events.  Just turn up, and tell
people how much you love us :)

* *

Piazza ceilidh - 18th September - A small ceilidh type performance at the
halls of residence. We have a band and caller but we need dancers to go and
grab audience members. Any volunteer dancers get a free ceilidh!

Activities fair - 10am to 3pm - 23rd September - We need your IVFDF, ceilidh
and session photos to show off!  We are also doing a spot on the stage here
and we need several dancers to come and dance for us.  Anyone who does gets
a free ceilidh ticket.

Dance workshop -  8-10pm - 23rd September - Upstairs in the university arms.
This will be a chance for people to come and improve their willow-stripping
skills, amongst other things!  We’re looking for a few volunteer musicians
and dancers to help us run it.  For participants, tickets are available from
the union box office in advance or on the door for £2.

Concourse ceilidh - 29th September - time tbc. Again there’s a free ceilidh
on offer to any musicians or dancers willing to help out.  It’s exactly what
it sounds like; a ceilidh on the concourse!

*And of course, first ceilidh of the year!!*

* *

This year’s intro ceilidh will be on September 24th in High Tor (The Edge,
upstairs and turn right at the bar).  Entry is £3 for members before 9, and
£4 after.  Remember though, anyone who can help us set up/take down gets
free entry to the ceilidh - just tell us on the night :).  There is a bar,
so please don’t bring your own drinks.

*Sessions/Workshops*

* *

This year we’re having a change of day and venue.  We’ll now be meeting on
Tuesdays at the Red Deer (18 Pitt Street, Sheffield S1 4DD) in the function
room.  At 8pm we’ll be teaching some of our favourite tunes, with a session
at 9pm.

That’s all for now, apologies for the long email, but I didn’t want to spam
your inboxes!

Kat