[Ceilidhsoc] Ceilidhsoc week 21st - 27th March (next week!)

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 01:29:55 GMT 2011

Hi Ceilidhsoc,

As I mentioned a few weeks back there are lots more socials in the
pipeline and this has turned into a week of socials and folky fun from the
21st-27th March! Below is a run down of the events being organised, so hope
you can join us for some of them :)

TUESDAY 22ND: FOLK TRAIN
An evening trip to Edale on the Sheffield folk train! We'll be meeting at
the Sheffield Tap (accesssed from platform 1A and sheaf street) at 6.30pm
in good time to get the 19.14 Manchester train - on which there will be
music from a live band! When we get to Edale there will be a trip to the
pub (where those who want to can join in with a session), and we will be
returning on the 21.28 train to arrive back in Sheffield at around 10pm.
More info at http://www.folktrain.org.uk/

THURSDAY 24TH: QUASAR
Meeting at 7pm for 2 games of Quasar (more details soon!), then continuing
on to the pub. Let us know if you're interested in coming by emailing
ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk

FRIDAY 25TH: CEILIDH!
One of
our regular ceilidhs at The Edge with interval entertainment from
Medusa Gothic Morris (http://www.medusagothic.co.uk). Live music will be
provided by one of ceilidhsoc's fabulous scratch bands, with John Brown
calling. Tickets are £4 (£3 for members before 9pm) and doors open at
8.30pm.

Saturday 26th: Bond themed Bar Crawl
We'll be meeting at the York in Broomhill at 7pm then making our way to 2
or 3 more pubs before finishing at the Red Deer! If you can't make it to
the York for the start then get in touch with Liam (07800 514756) and
he'll let you know where we are. As the bar crawl is Bond themed make sure
you come in formal attire with a gadget and a weapon!

See you at some point next week!

Lisa :)

--
Sheffield Ceilidhsoc