[Ceilidhsoc] IVFDF, dance workshops, plus social/session on Wednesday!

ceilidhsoc ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 17:56:06 GMT 2012

Hello again Ceilidhsoc!

Hope everyone had a good break. We're back
this week with the Wednesday SESSION/SOCIAL at the Red Deer from 9pm if
anyone needs a break from revision. The music workshops will resume
after exams (8th Feb).

There are also lots of lovely ceilidhs this
term, plus some FREE pre-ceilidh dance workshops run by our interval
performers, so here's some dates for your diaries...

CEILIDHS:
Friday
10th February
Friday 24th February - with interval performance and
workshop by 'William Morris', a cotswold morris side from
Sheffield
Friday 9th March
Friday 23rd March - with interval performance
and workshop by Wakefield Morris, a north west side
(www.wakefieldmorris.com)

Start times for the workshops are to be
confirmed, but we'll let you know as soon as possible!

Last but most
certainly not least...IVFDF 2012!!
The Inter Varsity Folk Dance
Festival (or IVFDF) is on the horizon! For those of you who are bemused
by our excitement - IVFDF is a weekend of music, dancing and folky fun
held at a different university each year. This year it's on 2nd-4th
March in Aberdeen, and if Scotland seems like a bit of a trek then have
no fear! Your wonderful Ceilidhsoc VP has arranged for a coach to take
us to the merriment, for the fantastic price of £20/£25
(students/non-student). If you want a seat on the coach then you need to
email Rich (lanky_rich at hotmail.com) as soon as possible. The coach will
leave at 8am on Friday morning from near the union and arrive back in
Sheffield at around 2am on Sunday night. You'll also need to buy a
ticket from the IVFDF Aberdeen website (www.ivfdf2012.org.uk/shop), plus
if you book before the end of January there's an early bird offer:
£15/£25 (students/non-students). So tell your friends, get a coach seat
and get those tickets booked!

That's all for now :)

Lisa