[Ceilidhsoc] Ceilidh this Friday, session/social/workshop on Tuesday and AGM info!

ceilidhsoc ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 14:44:22 GMT 2012

 Hello all :)

 Apologies for the slightly late email - Ceilidhsoc only made it back
 from IVFDF Aberdeen in the wee hours of Monday morning! It was a
 fantastic festival with lots of dancing and tunes - roll on IVFDF 2013
 in Sheffield! Also, watch out for lots of photos on the facebook page
 and website of Rustle (the Ceilidh Monster) making mischief and dancing
 his sock off...well he would've if he had any socks!

 Back to normality, there's a workshop on Tuesday from 8pm, so that you
 can learn all those tunes we picked up at IVFDF, followed by a session
 and social from 9pm, so that you can hear tales about how fantastic
 IVFDF was! (ok, we'll try not to go on *too* much about it :)

 Also, there's a ceilidh on Friday at High Tor in the Edge, with the
 Outlandish Knights (http://www.theoutlandishknights.co.uk/) and John
 Brown calling! Doors open at 8.30pm and tickets are £4 (£3 members
 before 9pm).

 Lastly, it's AGM time! This year's AGM will be on Tuesday 27th March at
 7pm at the Three Cranes pub (map here: http://tinyurl.com/threecranes).
 This is your chance to have a say and get involved in your Ceilidh
 Society :) We'll be voting on a new committee, so if you want to run for
 a position then make sure you come along. There's also the chance to
 input your views on how we do things at Ceilidhsoc and vote for the new
 committee even if you don't want to run for a position, so please come
 along anyway! I'll send out an email with details of committee positions
 next week, so keep your eyes open!

 Lisa