[Ceilidhsoc] A big update :-)

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:58:45 BST 2012

*Hi CeilidhSoc!*

Lot of things to update you on!

*Weekly session*

Even though the workshop has finished for the semester, we are continuing
with our *weekly music session* at the Three Cranes.  We'll be down about
9pm for fun, frolics, beer and playing.

*New Photos on Facebook*

The *photos* from the last ceilidh are on our Facebook page!  Check them
out at:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.370325093025368.83112.353063331418211
 and *PLEASE TAG YOURSELF*.

*Tuos Folk at the Showroom *

There will be a strong CeilidhSoc contingent at the first *Tuos Folk* event
at the *Showroom 9pm on the 4th Jun**e*.  Email us at
ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.ukif you are interested in coming and doing a spot
at the session and we'll
pass on your details.  If you want to come then check out the Facebook
event on this link:

http://www.facebook.com/events/274527539310385/

Also they will be running a *free workshop *as an introduction to folk this
Thursday from 1-3 with the legendary folk violinist *Nancy Kerr*. Please
note the workshop is a general music workshop not just for violins.  If you
want to book a place on that then contact us and again we'll pass the
message on. The venue will be Ensemble Room 1 of the Music Dept, Jessop
Building (the old one next door to Jessop West).

*Singing Workshop Update*

Those of you who attended the singing workshop a couple of ceilidhs back
might be interested in continuing your exploration of folk singing.  If you
want to get more involved then contact Paddy on
whoelse at patrickrosemusic.co.uk.

*and finally --> NEXT CEILIDH!!*

Will be on the 8th June with the *Monster Ceilidh Band*!  Details coming
soon!  Stick it in your diary now, before something not so exciting gets in
there.

It's all go!

*Rustle*