[Ceilidhsoc] Oo-eck! It's Ceilidh Time!

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 11:56:34 BST 2012

*[image: Inline image 2]Hi CeilidhSoc!*

It's nearing that time again.  The nights are drawing in, it's getting a
bit colder and Broomhill is filled with parents delighted at the prospect
of *dumping *their newly A-levelled offspring to the *fleshpots *of
Sheffield.

Yes it's *Fresher's Week* and that means *President Lisa* and the rest of
the *ragtaggle committee* are busy organising all the *Ceilidhtastic *new
events for the *2012/2013*.  As you are long standing recipients of this
the *ceilidhsoc email*, we thought we'd give you a heads up before we add
all the new members next week.  Apologies for any repeat information we may
send.

So here are some dates for your *diary*:

*Coffee Ceilidh *

This is a special daytime ceilidh in the *Student Union Activities
Zone*between 5 and 7pm for fresher's to try out the ceilidh
experience.  If you
fancy coming down and helping us ensnare new members then we'd love to see
you.  There is no bar for this event but it is very close the the *Coffee
Revolution* (hence the name). *President Lisa* will be calling with a
*uncharacteristically
sober* ceilidhsoc scratch band.

If you're Facebook friendly then join the event at* *
https://www.facebook.com/events/418114694919929/

*Intro Ceilidh 2012*

Our special Fresher's ceilidh this year is on *Saturday 29th* at the
*Edge*starting at
*8.30pm*,  Music is provided by one of CeilidhSoc's *almost legendry
scratch bands *supported by veteran caller *Trevor Lea.  *The
*morris-heads*among you will be delighted to learn that there will be
*fantastic morris* display by *Boggarts Breakfast *in the interval!  Find
out more about Boggarts at their website<http://www.boggartsbreakfast.org.uk/>
.

If you're Facebook friendly then join the event at* *
https://www.facebook.com/events/271557266289891/

A full list of Ceilidhs for the year are on the website at
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/events/ceilidhs/.

We'll be at the *Activities Fair* on *Thursday*. If you fancy helping us
get new members or you just want to *join, *then search us out.

*Other things*

*President Lisa* & *Treaser Blai* have introduced a *new pricing scheme for
ceilidhs* with *benefits *for members.

   - Members will *pay less* than non-members to get into all our ceilidhs
   - Membership comes with a *complementary *free access to one ceilidh!!

All this and *new *membership cards, badges and t-shirts will be coming
soon!

Isn't that just *amazeballs*! (as President Lisa would say).

Anyway, we hope to* see you soon*.  We're really looking forward to
a*great year of ceilidhs
* and it wouldn't be the same if *you *didn't join us! [?]

Bysie Bye!
[image: Inline image 1]