[Ceilidhsoc] GIAG Workshops this Tuesday!

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:13:44 BST 2012

*[image: Inline image 2]Hi CeilidhSoc!*

We've got our first workshops and session of the year on *Tuesday *at
the *Three
Cranes Hotel* (74 Queen Street, S1 2DW) starting at 8pm.

These first two workshops are *special* taster events through the Student
Union *Give It A Go scheme* (GIAG). You'll need to have a *GIAG ticket* or
be a *member*.  If you decide to join, you'll get a *pound off *your
membership with the GIAG ticket.

Usually it's not a ticketed event and you can just turn up (member or not).
*The session from 9pm is free to all*.

The workshops are:

*GIAG Ceilidh Dance Workshop*

*President Lisa* is running a *crash course* on Ceilidh Dancing.  She'll go
through some of the *basic steps* and moves that are commonly used in
Ceilidh dance so on Saturday everyone will think you're an expert!  No
experience necessary,  just bring *enthusiasm *and a smile.  This will be
in the upstairs room.

*GIAG Ceilidh Music Workshop *

Music Officer "Mikey" Mike will be teaching a couple of Polka tunes that
we commonly play at our sessions and are favourites for the ceilidh scratch
bands.

   - *Rice* - a very popular tune composed by previous ex CeilidhSoc
   President *Ceri Ashton*.
   - *The Sloe* - another popular polka.

As additional *support*, we've recorded some tunes as *YouTube *videos for
people to play along and *familiarise *themselves with the music.  Check
out the *music *section of our *website *with a range of tunes played
by *Conrad
*"*the Groover from **Vancouver*" on fiddle accompanied by the
debonair strums of *Manny *on guitar.  Eagled eyed members may spot *Publicity
Officer Laura* making a cameo appearance on some videos.  Here are the
direct links for *Rice *and T*he Sloe.*

http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/tunes/sloe/
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/tunes/rice/

How exciting!  Don't forget about the ceilidh of
Saturday<http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/events/548/freshers-ceilidh/>
!

See you soon!

[image: Inline image 1]