[Ceilidhsoc] THE CEILIDH THAT MUST NOT BE THEMED/NAMED! (+ OTHER COOL THINGS!)

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:11:57 GMT 2015

*[image: Inline image 2]Hi CeilidhSoc!*

In case you didn't have enough with the ceilidh we had last week, *we are
having ANOTHER CEILIDH THIS WEEK!
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1545226532425398/>*

The magic of our music will make you move your body to the rhythm of the
finest folk tunes played by one of our fantastic scratch bands! The
captivating voice of our misterious caller (¿Malfoy, Umbridge or Lockhart?)
will infuse the instructions of the different dances in your brain, so you
can right-hand star wondrously.

If that wasn't enough for you, we'll have the great Sheffield Steel rapper
dance team to amaze you during the interval spot! They've already come to
one of our ceilidhs this year, but they were so good that we decided to
have them again!

Prices will be as usual:

Members (20:30-21:00): £2
Members (after 21:00): £3
Non-members: £4
Membership (includes 1st ceilidh): £5

(Please, note that this is not a themed ceilidh, so we won't expect people
to be dressed in a particular way)

*AND NOW, OTHER FOLKY THINGS THAT WILL LIKELY INTEREST YOU!*

*Folky concerts happening at the Firth Court this month*

*LEVERET - 22ND FEB*

Sam Sweeney, Rob Harbron, Andy Cutting, English folky amazingness, bound to
be incredible. Yet again, because we are loved, we have an offer for you -
3 for £20, as opposed to the set price of £13.50 for adults and £10 for
students. You'll save a lot of money so grab some buddies and get down
there, you can get this offer on the door, just bring your membership card!

Speaking of Leveret, this leads on to our two collaborations with TUOS
Folk, a group run by the university music department...

*LEVERET WORKSHOP - 23RD FEB*

Following their concert, Leveret will be running a workshop for TUOS Folk
on Monday 23rd Feb from 11-1. We would love Leveret to have a great turn
out so ceilidhsoc members are very welcome to come along. This is an
amazing opportunity to learn from some incredible musicians so do try to
make it if you can! I will send out more details of venue etc in due
course; in the meantime, if you have any questions about the workshop then
contact us.

*WILL POUND BAND - 24TH FEB*

Will Pound is bringing his band along and it will be awesome! If that's not
enough reason for you to come, the lovely people at the university concert
series are offering Ceilidhsoc members reduced price tickets of £4,
including a free glass of wine or soft drink! All you have to do is show
your membership card on the door when you buy your ticket. If you intend to
take advantage of this (who wouldn't) then please let me know so I can give
them an idea of how many members are coming so they buy enough wine! Please
do this asap

*FOLK TRAIN!!! - 28TH APRIL*

Many of you many remember this situation from a couple of years ago - TUOS
Folk have a folk train gig booked and we would like CeilidhSoc to come
along and play with us. Like last time, the society will have a coach on
the way to perform in and can then session outside the pub in Edale if you
so wish whilst TUOS do their set inside. Folk train is great fun; Rebekah
will be organising musicians for this soon but everyone is welcome to come
along and play so keep the date free if you're interested

*INTERESTING FOLK GIGS HAPPENING THIS SEMESTER IN THE SHAKESPEARE*

March 10th - Nancy Kerr & The Sweet Visitor Band (NB this is at Yellow Arch
not Shakespeares!)

March 25th - Tom Kitching's Interloper - very interesting take on English
folk tune playing. Really good quartet.

April 15th - The James Brothers. Mr Fagan and Mr McClennan

May 13th - Anna & Elizabeth. Essential for anyone interested in different
approaches to Ballad singing and American Mountain music/traditions.
http://www.annaandelizabeth.com/

June 17th - James Delarre & Saul Rose.

All tickets searchable on We Got Tickets

With love,
[image: Inline image 1]

*Unsubscribe:* To unsubscribe from this mailing list go to
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/contact/unsubscribe/ and follow the instructions.