[Ceilidhsoc] Exciting Info! IVFDF 2016-26th-28th February

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:14:45 GMT 2016

*[image: Inline image 2]Hi CeilidhSoc!*

I hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year and are prepared for a
brand new folk-filled semester! This post contains information about one of
our most exciting events of the year between *26th-28th February*, IVFDF!

WHAT IS IVFDF?
Many of you will probably have heard of or been to IVFDF before but for
those of you who are new to CeilidhSoc or have somehow missed all of the
hype in previous years, IVFDF is the Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival
which takes place once a year. Basically, all university folk societies and
other folk enthusiasts all descend on one university for a weekend of
ceilidhs, workshops, sessions and any other folky things you can imagine.
This year, it is being hosted by Warwick University (which, confusingly, is
actually in Coventry). They have a very exciting programme planned, far too
much for me to cover here, so go to their website to find out what's coming
up  http://www.warwickfolk.co.uk/ivfdf/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warwickfolk.co.uk%2Fivfdf%2F&h=mAQGZxsMdAQEORghk9gUlgsukenzwxf-6fDoITSL4I8IQOQ&enc=AZNA7G7DJJQ5nYKP6g3sm09woV-R5pECo1ULwCDXSrydQHpUHV1yhta3z5fDn__UII5XFhWm-fP4BgOGjY4ZEbxpHASfw4278ov9MSDXtA3Nj8rdl7wlI2MKHSu9D4X9Mc24KGD3tsCXEV8EQtSdwumzoXgo4iFSz3FfWFnujn3oMyjq53U6R9y29TLkc1HFUmY&s=1>
[image: Inline image 1]

THIS SOUNDS GREAT, HOW DO I GET TICKETS?
You can get tickets using this link!
http://www.warwickfolk.co.uk/ivfdf/tickets
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warwickfolk.co.uk%2Fivfdf%2Ftickets&h=fAQG8jiJZAQFbDvmp3KqCHHj4OSn_yvSqkyDReu_mm6uJgA&enc=AZNHe7MKcOKrp-ixasQfG2oIfo3pS3wrWlZX6tyIHjm1UpmxcltsZxCzAzIang6hP6AG6JsWs5O_asR74p_-HOb2Zu877MrE8hwbXoqdVYNprltm_gfLzWLQQaDDXFKvN2OWMPvGg7ilfoMSPPD28kEhU5feEJENoCyfXgy8l6LXsOnL--_ex6Zd_gCmfCW7Vrw&s=1>
[image: Inline image 2]

Make sure you pay for indoor camping if you don't know anyone who lives in
Coventry - tents are not required, just bring a sleeping bag and we'll all
have a giant sleepover. Don't worry about the prospect of sleeping in a
massive room full of strangers, we shall all huddle together in a corner
withRustle <https://www.facebook.com/rustle.ceilidh> to guard us as we
sleep. Plus, other folkies tend to be pretty friendly anyway.

HOW DO I GET THERE WITHOUT PAYING EXTORTIONATE TRAIN FARES?
Do not fear! You are not required to mix with the general public and
splurge all of your student loan on a train as we are organising our own
coach! This will be offered at the very reasonable price of £12 waged and
£8 unwaged/students. As is Sheffield IVFDF tradition, we will defy all seat
belt warning signs and have a mini session on the coach! This is a great
way to test your balance in case you fancy getting gigging jobs on moving
vehicles in future. It's also a great way for Michael
<https://www.facebook.com/michael.waller.7359> to work out the smallest
possible amount of room needed to play the cello. Keep an ear out for more
information about the coach - Vice President Joe
<https://www.facebook.com/joe.macmahon> will let you know when and how you
can book your place on the coach as soon as the details are finalised!

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!
This post is getting long and I'm bored of typing now so speak to a
committee member or message/email us if you have any more questions. For
general info on what IVFDF is all about, you can also speak to any of our
longer serving CeilidhSoc members who have probably all been to IVFDF at
least once.

That's all for now, I'll let you get back to your jobs/beds/interesting
hobbies/revision (if you still have exams/coursework, you can do it!). And
don't forget everything starts again next week! Tuesday session, and
Friday's ceilidh!

Rustly love,
[image: Inline image 1]

*Unsubscribe:* To unsubscribe from this mailing list go to
http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/contact/unsubscribe/ and follow the instructions.