[Ceilidhsoc] It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you...

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 10:32:01 BST 2005

Well look at you! Aren't you looking well?! You've caught the sun...it's
been ages since I've seen you...

Hello! Yes, it is I, your friendly neighbourhood Ceilidhsoc secretary,
back once again to fill your inboxes (not to mention your entire days!)
with news of forthcoming ceilidhs, and moreover related events.

Do you realise that we are only a couple of days away from the Ceilidhsoc
official new season kickoff? Forget what you have heared, this is the real
deal. Intro Ceilidh is THIS Saturday, September 24th.

We haven't really tinkered that much with the particulars, so mst of you
will be familiar with the SP. But here it is just to refresh your
memories:

The Ceilidh is to be held at the Royal Society for the Blind Institute,
Mappin Street, Sheffield (http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/map.html for
directions), and begins at 8.30pm. It's ₤3 to rejoin, and you get
this ceilidh free.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that the band for the night is WHAPWEASEL! That's
right, Whapweasel. Perhaps *the* leading ceilidh band on the circuit at
the moment, live in your front room! (Erm, or there abouts!). Callers are
the lovely lawman, Sheriff John Brown, and the lovely Jenny Langridge.

So I *know* that y'all'll want to be there. This Saturday, 8.30pm, Blind
Institute.

Besides the ceilidh, we have all manners of associated activities for
y'all to get your teeth into.

This coming Wednesday, we have our relaunched Ceilidhsoc session, at the
Red Deer on Pit Street (round the corner from the B.I.). This will kick at
8pm, with the Beginners Workshop, with the session starting around 9. Be
there for tunes, chat, and drinks if you so desire. An informal chance to
get more involved.

Such chances continue with a non-musical social at the Interval, at the
Shef Uni Students Union, this time on Tuesdays. That's from about 9 as
well.

That's about all for now, a truly exciting time to be in and around
Ceilidhsoc. If you have any questions at all, the best way to get in touch
is to reach out to: gideon at ceilidhsoc.org, and I'll reply as soon as I
can.

Look forward to seeing you ALL at the ceilidh on Saturday.

Until then,

Gideon xxx