[Ceilidhsoc] IVFDF next weekend!!!

Sheffield University Ceilidh Society ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk
Sat Feb 23 21:06:25 GMT 2008

IVFDF is almost upon us (next weekend!! 29th Febuary - 2nd March) - so you
better get your tickets quick!

If you're still not sure what IVFDF is all about here's the lowdown:

IVFDF stands for 'Inter Varsity Folk Dance Festival' and is an exciting and
dynamic festival held at a different university each year. IVFDF has been
running since 1951 and is the country's longest continually running folk
festival. This year we here in Sheffield are hosting (mainly centred around
the octagon) so its all very exciting! It promises to be an absolutely
fantastic weekend. We've got a brilliant line up from the likes of John
Spiers and John Boden, Glory Strokes and The Glowworms, ceilidhs,
eorodances, contras, concerts and around 40 workshops ranging from singing,
fiddle, beginers ceilidh, calling, sound engineering, massage, hey we've
even got a pole dancing workshop AND our own beer! WOW! Truely, something
for everyone. For full details of whats going on check out
http://www.ivfdf.ceilidhsoc.org/     you can buy tickets here too!

Alternatively we've got a stall in the union all this wednesday (the 27th)
where you can buy tickets, or if you just fancied the friday night ceilidh
'give it a go' tickets are available from the box union office.

If you fancy saving some money and helping out IVFDF be a steward! email
for details.

Hopefully see you there! It really is going to be an awesome weekend...

Lucy

--
Sheffield Ceilidhsoc