[Ceilidhsoc] Session tomorrow and ceilidh this Friday!

Katherine Hurdley katherine.hurdley at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:24:22 GMT 2010

Hello Ceilidhsoc!

Just a little reminder about our events this week.

Our Session will be at Trippet's Wine Bar, from 9, with a workshop from 8pm where Conrad will be teaching some of our favourite tunes.

This Friday we are having a ceilidh at Loxley's near the Union.  It's our penultimate ceilidh before Xmas so get yourselves there!  The band is 'Show of Severed Hands', a fantastic local band made up of some familiar faces.  As always, doors open at 8.30 and tickets are £4 for non members, £3 for members before 9.  Please don't bring your own drinks!

Also a reminder that if you want to come to our Christmas Meal, we need your food choices and the full amount by December 1st.

Bring along your cash or cheques made payable to "Sheffield Ceilidhsoc" to Friday's Ceilidh with your meal choices.

Price per person: 2 courses £11.95, 3 courses £14.95

Starter
1. Carrot and ginger soup served with a crusty roll and butter
2. Chicken liver pate served with toast and pickles
3. Prawn cocktail served with baby gem lettuce

Main
1. Traditional roast turkey with cranberry sauce served with roast potatoes, honey roast carrots and parsnips, brussel sprouts, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and gravy
2. Nut roast with spicy apricot chutney (v) served with roast potatoes, honey roast carrots and parsnips, brussel sprouts, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and gravy
3. Salmon supreme served with new potatoes and green beans

Dessert
1. Christmas pudding served with brandy sauce
2. Brandy snap basket served with winter berry syllabub
3. Chocolate orange pudding served with vanilla pod ice cream

Coffee and mince pies

That's all folks!

Kat