[Ceilidhsoc] Sheffield Childrens Hospital - Do It 4 You 2012

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:11:46 BST 2012

*Hi CeilidhSoc!*

 We've been approached by the Oncology Team at *Sheffield Children's
Hospital* to do some simple dance workshops for a special day event to help
cancer patients back into a healthier lifestyle.  The event is on Saturday
27th October and would between 10am and 3pm.  So basically we need
volunteer musicians and dancers.  If you can help out, drop us an email to
ceilidh.soc at shef.ac.uk to register your interest and we'll
get something together.

If you feel you are a bit rusty on your dancing then there is an
excellent opportunity to practise at our *CEILIDH *tomorrow!

Here's the original message for more information.

*

>> Dear Ceilidh Society,
>

> We are a team of health professionals who work with young cancer patients
>> at The Children’s Hospital in Sheffield. We’re very excited to be hosting
>> ‘Do it 4 You 2012’ at the English Institute of sport in October. The aim of
>> the event is to help and inspire children and young adults who have, or
>> have had, cancer back into fitness.
>

> We know from our experience and research that people who have had
>> treatment for cancer can find it difficult to get back into a healthy
>> lifestyle.  This event in South Yorkshire is the first of its kind in the
>> country and hundreds of young people will be invited to come and watch
>> demonstrations or take part in new activities to motivate them and their
>> families to get involved in community and recreational sport so they
>> maximize their physical and emotional well-being.
>

> We are writing to ask whether you could spare a little of your time to
>> help inspire these young people, get them back into exercise and broaden
>> their understanding of a healthy lifestyle.
>

> We wondered if you were able to give an hour (or more) of your time for
>> the event to showcase your activities via interactive workshops or with an
>> information stand between 10am and 3pm.
>

> If you are able to help us inspire these young people on that day, please
>> contact Marie Doobary, CLIC Sargent Administrator on 01142 717588 or e-mail
>> marie.doobary at clicsargent.org.uk  by June 1st 2012.
>

> Yours sincerely,
>

> Tracy Twyman, Debbie Rowley, Lesley Nicol
>
> The Oncology Team,
>
> Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
>
> Sheffield
>
> *

Thanks in advance,

*Steve*