[Ceilidhsoc] Fwd: Folk Train next Tuesday 23rd

Sheffield CeilidhSoc ceilidhsoc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:14:42 BST 2013

*[image: Inline image 2]Hi CeilidhSoc!*

*TUOS Folk* (Sheffield University Music Dept) are hosting the *Folk
Train*and have asked us to come along and join them in a
*session* and enjoy the delights of the 7.14 train from Sheffield to *Edale*
.

This will *replace our normal Tuesday activities* down the Shakespeare so
there will be *no workshops and no official sessio*n.

The schedule (subject to tweaking):

   - *6.30pm* meet at the *Sheffield Tap* pub in the station. We'll have a
   very quick beer then go to the Platform (usually Platform 7 but check on
   the Departures Timetable) for the 7.14pm to Edale. We'll then get onto the
   train which can get very full so don't be late.
   - During the journey we'll play *music *and spread *joy *to the other
   passengers.
   - We reach *Edale at 7:50,* where we get off and go in the nearest pub
   which is called *The Rambler*. The TUOS Folkies will do lots of *lovely
   performance pieces* and there will hopefully be an opportunity for a bit
   of sessioning.
   - We take the *9:28 train back to Sheffield* - with more music - *arriving
   at Sheffield Station at 10:03pm*.

It will be a *great evening out *so don't miss it.

You can find out more about the Folk Train at http://www.folktrain.org.uk/

[image: Inline image 1]